Sunday, September 5, 2010

Saturday, Schlep and Sunday

Sunday, I have got an ear infection so have commenced on antibiotics. The doctor I saw also helped work out a plan to take off the rough edges for the next few days. I feel better for that.

Yesterday was supposed to be my sit and sew day. Well I had the house to myself. DD was in joondalup with my parents and DS was with his dad in the morning the with his nanny and aunt in the afternoon while David and his dad went to the football. Go the mighty dockers.

I actually managed to do some sewing. I made a schlep bag from batiks that I have in my stash. Now it took me all afternoon to do this job and trying to calculate and figure out what I was doing and reading the instructions. But I did it. I do not need another bag but I needed to accomplish a craft item and I did. It will probably get put away for the Christmas gift collection. The fact I actually managed to achieve my one goal I set myself. I felt and do feel proud.

The link for the bag I made is below and it is an online freebie so go ahead and have a gander.

http://www.sentimentalstitches.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/so-sew-easy-schlep-bag.pdf

1 comment:

Kate said...

Well done Julie...so pleased that you were happy with your results ...Now take it easy and know that we are thinking of you,Love as always AK xx