Monday, October 11, 2010

Blogstipation

Ever had that. You know you need to do something but the thought and the action do not come together? I often have that with house work....I have the thought and then immediately I practice my therapy....quilting of course.

I have not worked for the whole month of September. Time off is great but the pay sucks!! I am now feeling well enough to return to the job, just need to make the phone call!!

I have been busy sewing, nothing to specific, just sewing. I made a Ricky Timms' convergence quilt yesterday, using some of the batiks I got in Bathurst. It is only a small section 28 x 36" and I want it bigger so I will play with my EQ to work something out.



I also make the batik cats last month, I really enjoyed making them.

Two lap quilts also made, one is a snowball/9patch (see August posting) and the other a disappearing 9 patch. Made the top when I went down to Fairbridge with the girls at the beginning of September.
I love the butterfly material and I think that if it were for sale I could of sold yards of it, the amount of ladies that commented on it. I almost don't want to give it away!!! We will see. After all we don't need THAT many quilts in the house, do we???!

The kids and I made sock monkeys on Thursday. One of the weekly magazines had a pattern for them, so now we have monkeys in the house!!! I might even get the kids in a picture with the monkeys and send it in to the magazine.
Have also made these 3 kimonos to go into a wall hanging, when I can get motivated enough to finish them.

School returns tomorrow for the kids, I am looking forward to a quiet day and they are looking forward to seeing their friends.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Welcome back to blogland Julie and thank you for sharing your lovely work with us.So pleased to hear that you are "on the mend"...looks like you had heaps of fun with the sock monkeys...!!!!..Hope The man of the house does not have too many socks missing !!!!Love as always AK xxx

Rafael's Mum said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I am glad the post was useful to you! Your convergence panel looks just very nice. I can't reply to you by email as you are a non-reply blogger so this is why I do it on the blog.