Friday, May 28, 2010

Once, twice, three times a compliment - day!

Thursday 27th May was certainly a day for compliments.

My first compliment of the day: I was getting ready to go to my fitness class when my neighbour knocked on my door. She had a cleaner in from Silver Chain who was in absolute raptures over the memory quilt I had made for Kevin's 80th earlier in the year. I had picture of Kevin with his siblings as a child, senior cit, his marriage day and one of the family. This gentleman from the USA was in raptures over the wall hanging and wanted one for his "Mom" back home, wants me to make one for him and said he was willing to pay, must work out costs to see if he is serious!!

Kevin's Quilt- designed in EQ6; the 4 blue squares represent where I placed the pictures.

2nd compliment of the day was about our son Zach. He had done so well in TKD class the night before that he was singled out in class for his devotion, dedication and skill with all aspects of his class participation. This from where Zachary was a year ago, fills us with such pride. The climb through all the hard stuff has started to shine through.
Number 3 - I was at the school picking up the kids, I had actually gone to the class room due to rainy weather. Sarah was getting organised, packing bags, showing my where she now sits in the class, telling me about her day when a lady I did not know stopped and asked if "This child belongs to you?". I responded with a yes and was then delightfully informed by this lady what a lovely child Sarah is. Turn out it was one of Sarah's teachers. From my experience you don't often get teachers go out of their way to say things like this.

Then today I get an email from Helen at http://www.stitchabout.com.au/ who had a cross stitch kit I have been chasing for years that is no longer in publication (I met her at the Quilt show last Sunday and I just happened to ask if she knew of the pattern). The kit "In disgrace" by Bessie Pease Gutmann goes with two other completes kits I have on my lounge room wall.

Turns out that Helen had the kit ready packed in her car to bring over to Perth for the show but due to being over weight in luggage left it at home. She had only recently gone through all her older stock sorting it out and was still debating what to do with this pattern.

Funny how things all work out sometimes.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Well done Julie...You deserve all the compliments you have received and i would like to add mine to them too,Love your work,,,you are a clever girl and i am very proud of you,,love AK