Friday, January 9, 2009

Heavy Stuff !!!!

I had blood tests Christmas eve. I was donating blood every 3 months and at my last donation my haemoglobin had dropped.. Nothing to alarming just down from my previous level. After a further finger prick test I noted it to be lower still.

Thought I would take my self off to the Drs and mention this. "MMMM, that not good", she says. "Off you go, blood tests my dear and then we will follow it up, probably nothing."

Back to the Drs Tuesday, results back in. Nothing sinister, but my Iron level is 9 should be at least a min of 15. So now I have started a course of iron injections. Twice weekly, for 5 weeks. I am hoping this will do the trick. I have been so tired since before Christmas, I would lay down with the kids to talk to them and 3 hrs later I would wake up. I'm having broken nights, not sleeping well. I would wake in the morning, be back in bed 2 hrs later to have another sleep. Such a good Mum I am.

I had my first injection yesterday, slept fairly well last night, still broken but when I woke this morning I felt more refreshed than I have for a long time. I even managed to stay awake all day, even went up to Joondalup with the kids to visit my Mum and Dad.

I will take it easy for a little while, but hopefully things will start on the up. I have even managed to start a new project...I started to quilt it last night...will get on with the reat of it tonight.

No comments: