Thursday, July 17, 2008

Heart String


I have made another heart string quilt. This one is for Jo a work colleague for my DH this time. Jo has breast cancer and will soon be undergoing either a lumpectomy or the more radical procedure of mastectomy, she is unsure yet of what is to come. I hope that this quilt will bring her some comfort.
The quilt was put together and quilted on my new machine. The blocks themselves came from Stephanie again. This quilt took longer than the one evening the other heart string quilt....3 days instead!!!

2 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

Three days is still pretty impressive, even though the blocks were already made!! Glad to see you are enjoying the alphabet on your new machine. I'm sure Jo will love this quilt and the sentiment behind it :)

Mary Johnson said...

Julie, the quilt looks great and I'm sure it will bring her lots of comfort as she faces the surgery ahead. Thanks for sharing the photo.