Monday, July 14, 2008

Weddings, birthday party, and my new toy

What a week I seemed to have worked almost non stop. In between juggling my 2 jobs, school holidays and my normal daily stuff, I helped a friend decorate for her boyfriends' 40th birthday party. Little did the majority of the guests know but there were to be an announcement to surprise one and all. First there was the "Thank you for coming, oh by the way we have just got engaged!!" and "Don't expect a wedding any time soon." Half and hour later walking into the room was the civil celebrant....."With the power etc...." and then they get married. The couples parents had no idea so there were a lot of screams, yells and tears. It was great night.

The only "down fall" of my busy schedule was that it prevented me getting intimate with my new toy
I brought myself a new Janome 6600p. I am still playing with it to figure out what it can do and I can do with it! But I competed my first project. I sewed a label for the quilt I have been working on and off for 2 years.

This quilt was made of scraps from my Bendigo signature quilt. Hundreds of scrap pieces joined together in long pieces, squared up then black borders placed around each block then cut on the skew. The quilting is a design the DH had played with using auto cad...just geometric shapes forming diamonds, stars, squares and kites.

1 comment:

Lissa Jane said...

woohoo @ new machine! I am still hoping and hoping for a new one (I want a Bernina aurora and damn it, I am gonna get one)

and wow! for your friends keeping a secret!!!!