Friday, June 13, 2008

Epic admissions

What a week. I feel mentally exhausted. I had a go at my dear DH last weekend. I spoke, nay, I told him off for his continuing lack of enthusiasm, or joy in life itself. His ease at irritation at the children, basically his overall apathy of life in general. He does not sleep well, nor does he look after himself.
I finally got an admission from him that yes he does have a problem with his general mood (depression) and he did need to do something about it. It has only taken me 10 years to actually have him admit this. I am so proud of him for finally admitting that he is fallible, unlike me!!!!! VBG.
The children had a tournament on Sunday to trial out for the State team. While they did not make the team they did get a silver (Sarah) and a bronze (Zach) medals. DH was talking to some of the other TKD parents and one of them mentioned to him that he should try Freestyle at TKD.....TKD with out the patterns and self defence component, more fitness and sparring. DH jokingly turned to one of the other DH's and said about joining and this DH (bless him) said you should give it a go.
Something sunk in, with the admission of depression and the encouragement from a fellow male, Dave has started Freestyle, he had his 1st private lesson on Wed and will have another one this coming week. The kids are over the moon that Dad is joining in, this is becoming a family thing.
On the not so bright side I went to see the Dr yesterday to see about a blemish on my breast, she found a lump, that was no where near the blemish. She did not seem to be too concerned but I am having a ultrasound next week with a possible fine needle aspiration if needed. I am not loosing sleep but when I am sitting quietly I am tending to worry a little. On the positive side breast cancer or cancer in general is not known within the family...........................Oh well at least I am busy for the next week, work, work, sewing, TKD, work and maybe a little cleaning!!

No comments: