Sunday, June 1, 2008

Busy but achieving

Can you believe it??? I know I can't, we are now in June, almost half the year has gone by. This weekend here in WA is a long weekend. A weekend to celebrate the foundation of West Australia.

Well this weekend, to date has been put to good use, I have finished...hang on finished is not a good word to use, people get kinda technical with this word. I completed two projects, one of quillows for a friends kiddly pips, and the other a bag for a friend who is a mad keen surfer and beach babe. She has recently moved to North Beach and is practically spitting distance from the water.

Visited her today and went for a walk along the beach, now lets keep in mind it is almost winter and yesterday was storms +++++, 40mm rain, some hail, gale strength winds, a black day in all. Today the kids, Amanda and I were walking on the beach, in the water and collecting shells!, I even took off my cardigan it felt that warm with the sun on the shoulders.

The other two projects that are not finished but they are completed tops. One Serengety was a project I brought at Collingully Quilts in Meckering on the Tuesday after the retreat. Could not help myself had to get to it. The other is all of my signature squares from the retreat. I have gone with plain and simple this year with the squares. Just trying to work out what I will do with the back or how I will quilt it.

I am really happy with my achievements this last few days, a shame I have to go back to work on Tuesday really, but then I do need to keep earning so I can keep spending!!!.

No comments: