Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy New Year...

January 2011.

We have just returned from a 5 night 4 day holiday on the cruise ship Athena. I celebrated my 40th on board. The day we were in Albany until lunch time and then we departed to head towards Bunbury cruising overnight. Unfortunately it was VERY rough and I parted company with my food and drinks for the day.

The next night, Australia day, was much calmer and I received a rousing chorus of happy birthday from the waiters and maitre'de as well as from surrounding tables!! I was a little embarrassed! The chef had made a birthday cake for me which I had along with apple pie for desert. My poor waist line.

I have even managed to complete my first UFO for the year. A celtic wall hanging, designed by Lisa Chandler.


I have been unreliable with my posts, the last half of last year had been a hard one. Yet again my depression had taken charge of me.. I started to see a psychiatrist....of which my opinion is low..and with a lot of experimenting and changing of tablets we are, I hope and the right path. My hormones play a high part in my mood with each month being fraught with extremes in emotions.

I escaped to Melbourne in November to get away and have a rest. Sarah joined me, being a caring companion, for the get away. Thank you to Aunty Kath and John. I have not worked in the last 5 - 6 months due to my health. I am looking at returning to work after the children return to school.

My head is still swimming and I feel as though I am on the ship still!!! Finally find my sea legs and am on the land! Yep trust me to be backwards.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Welocme Home Julie and welcome back to blogland..Have missed your Posts.So pleased you had a good time besides the sea sickness...(now tell the truth,,,,it was that elbow bending that did it ?? lol) It was our pleasure to have you here with us in Melbourne and thank you for all the quily help you gave me..Love as always AK xx