Thursday, September 25, 2008

The lounge

My lounge room got laid today. Well the carpet did actually!!! The painting is completed the flooring is down and the contents will be put back in this afternoon when Dave gets home from work, with the help of Levi. Finally one room is finished, just have to do the rest of the house, but hey one room at a time.

We are out to dinner tonight. Mum is turning 60 on Monday, so we are out for Chinese to celebrate. My folks won't be here over the weekend to celebrate the milestone. Dad is taking Mum away for the weekend, she just does not know it yet!!!

I made mum a wall hanging, designed by Beth Ferrier, from Applewood fame. I love her easy applique patterns. Her web site is http://www.applewd.com/.

I also attempted to make a cake......yes well we won't be discussing this at any great lengths!!! I managed to sort of rectify the cake, I made another one, cut the other one down to the #60 and put it on the new cake, covered it in icing and silver balls....well it tasted good any way

1 comment:

Natty B said...

Hey wow, looking good. Have you closed in the entire space? More room for hanging quilts!