Friday, May 9, 2008

Super Mum????

A friend of mine is seeing someone to help her cope with a few aspects of life that can send the strongest of us into a tail spin. Speaking to her today she stated "When I stop......"and I laughed, "Stop". What's that? She had been described as doing to much, the Super Mum (woman) complex.
In the course of the conversation I mentioned something about my second job. A second job I am asked. So I then described my typical week. Work Mon to Wednesday at the Nursing Home. Do fitness at the TKD (Taekwon Do) centre twice in those 3 days plus 2 sessions of TKD. The children of course are doing their lessons around the time I am huffing and puffing doing the cardio session at the centre.
Thursday, another session of fitness at lunch time, it is my day off after all. Oh and if I have not made TKD I will do a make up session. The kids also do a sports class twice a week on the off days from TKD, training for competitions.
Friday is the day to attempt to do some house work and grocery shopping to top up the ever dwindling supplies, if I am lucky I might get a Nanna nap...me tired never!!!!
Saturday is again at TKD, my second job. I am the "Program Director". Sounds flash doesn't it? I am there for 3 hours and at this time the kids train again. Sunday, sleep in? Not a chance, I am up early in the morning as I am currently doing boot camp to get fit!
Somewhere in all that I am part of the retreat committee for Southern Cross Quilters annual retreat, it is here in Perth this year. 1 week to go. So there have been committee meetings all around for that, plus the fortnightly quilting nights. I am also working frantically doing gifts for my secret mortal at the retreat plus a thank you for my angel who has been sending me yummy gifts and chocolate frogs.......gotta exercise if I wanna eat frogs right?
I am now trying to use up the scraps from my siggie quilt from the Bendigo retreat last year. Lots of useless 1.5" - 2.5" scrappy bits. I am thinking of framing them with black, any comments?

I am looking forward to the retreat so I can STOP!!! Ha as if we ever do.

1 comment:

Lissa Jane said...

I see someone for the stress in my life..a few peoples..
the girls at the quilt shop
the checkout chick who sells me licorice bullets...
the girlies at the jewellery store where I get my pandora charms..

they are my therapy.. and it all involves spending dosh.. fancy that!

Life is only as busy as you make it.. sometimes you do have to stop otherwise your life passes you by in a blink!

see you in FIVE sleeps..
the black framing looks good.. those bits you dont use? um I chuck them! I got scrap fabric coming out of all orifices!


Lissa