Monday, May 5, 2008

QAYG

I finished yet another project. I made a QAYG (quilt as you go) for a friends daughter for her 16th. Hours of sewing, cutting, hand stitching. I finished it at 3pm, the party was a 6..Yay for me.
The pictures are of the quilt folded in half across the back of the chair, so it is 24 blocks in size.

Get to the party, Miss 16 opens it and says..."is it a blanket?" Cough, splutter and choke. I soon put her straight! I was sorely tempted to take it off her but you don't argue with a big italian familys, who all do Taekwon do and are black belts!!

We are less than two weeks from the retreat. All is organised, had a scare with our committee rooms. Thought that they had not been booked and there were no more rooms available!!! AAggghhhh. STRESSS. No not us, never. Ring the venue, and the rooms had been reserved but with name to be advised..whew let out a collective sigh.

Off to finish my gift for my retreat Angel.

No comments: