Friday, March 7, 2008


Well I guess now I have a blog I need to be more organised...a fine thing I am sure!! Whether that happens or not we will find out.
What am I working on at the moment;
I am putting the finishing bits on my Applewood BOM 2006. I just have to finish sewing the binding on and put the lable on the back. Purists might cringe on this quilt, I have used polar fleece on the back, combining wadding and backing.
http://www.capricornquilts.com/ is another BOM I am doing, for this year, each block is hand sitchedand around 6"in size, I must finish February block so I then can start March's block.
I am on the committee for the Perth SCQ retreat. We are well on the way to being organised in this hopefully low key "Back to Basics"retreat, with the aim of the retreat just sitting down , sewing and gas bagging catching up with old friends and making new ones.
I am part of the angel and mortal swap for this retreat, and am enjoying keeping my mortal in the dark, so for now my angelic identity will remain anon, as will my mortals.
Busy doing my siggie squares for the retreat. Just have to finish stamping and colouring them.
A wall hanging I was working on at the Bendigo Retreat 2007. Each piece in blanket stitched in place. The picture came from a Disney colouring book and it is the rose in "Beauty and the Beast.

No comments: