Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Get away

We went to Kalgoorlie for the weekend, just two nights. We only had to have 4 stops along the way just for petrol and wee breaks, because of course nobody needed to relieve themselves at the same time!!!

Friday afternoon we went to the Super Pit and VERY big hole in the ground, see if you can pick out the trucks in the pit!!!

Saturday we went to the miners hall of fame to do the tour of an underground mine. The mine was only 38m underground but the coolness you felt going down was incredible 15 degree difference at least and I think if it had been a 40 degree day that would have been higher. When they turned out the lights it was a new version of dark I would not like to be caught in.

The trip home on Sunday took over 9hrs. There was a truck roll over on the Great Eastern Highway that caused the road to be closed for at least 2.5 hrs. We detoured around the back way which in fact turned out to the same time frame if we had waited at the road block! But with that road you never know, last time it was shut due to a bush fire it remained closed for 10 days. You make the best decision at the time!

I actually managed to get some sewing done I finished block #3 in my Capricorn BOM.

1 comment:

Lissa Jane said...

Juliepoo
an edumicational weekend away! I went down a coal mine (we are riddled with the buggers around here) when I was at school, couldn't get over how much cooler it was under ground!

Congrats on getting some sewing done this weekend, I have done a little bit too (sewing that is) might even do some housework later on.. but dont tell dags, he might make me keep my word!


Lissapoo
52 sleeps petal!