Monday, November 30, 2009

November 2009


I realise that I have lost life, time and motivation. For any one actually interested in know what has been going on since my last post, here is a brief out line. We did have our holiday to to the States, and although it seem a bit of a blur now, we had a great time.

It was difficult at times, as Zach did not seem to cope with the change of routine, he withdrew into himself at times and became moody and sullen. We now know the reason for this, as he had a bit of a breakdown after our return and ended up in fetal position on our bed crying that he did not want to do something because it was boring. In my mind these thing do not quite marry up to make sense.

We ended up at our GP where we found out from Zach that he was not sleeping, hearing and seeing things. We then went onto PMH, our children's hospital where he was seen by the psych team and referred on the the Child and Adolescent Mental Health team.

Zach has been diagnosed with GAD, general anxiety disorder, with a minor component of depression, he no longer is seeing or hearing things. Thank the Good Lord. As a result we are having weekly counselling sessions for Zach and I am now seeing a Psychiatrist to help me cope and get my medications on an even keel.

I am going cold Turkey off my current antidepressants so that I can start new ones in 3 weeks. So as a result I am having time off work because withdrawal does not go well in being in a work place I feel!!

So I am enjoying days of nausea, stomach upsets, headaches and feeling generally achey and crap! To put it in a nut shell.

So I figure while I am off work I will up date my blog, and actually catch up with posting our holiday post card. So I appologise if the organisation and dates are out, but at least I am finally getting there.

No comments: